Drug Offenders Program
$185.00 incl. GST
The Drug Offenders Program is a six-hour online course that you can complete if you are going to court for a drug-related offence or an offence related to a drug addiction.
The Drug Offenders Program is voluntary. If you complete the program, the Court can take this into account when deciding what penalty to give you.
The program covers:
- basic information about your rights when dealing with police and at Court
- your obligations in the court process
- health and wellbeing
- mental heath and drug and alcohol use
- treatment and recovery
- introduction to social services and support options
- potential outcomes from the criminal justice system
Course endorsed by Daryl Melham AM, Meredith Burgmann AM and Philip Bolton SC
The program offers offenders support and guidance, it’s not about judging them or making any moral statements. It provides them with encouragement to gain information and practical skills and to continue these important steps as they move to their next stage in life. Ultimately, it aims to help them move forwards to a more fulfilling and happy life.
- Decision-making abilities
- Drug and alcohol treatment options
- How to prepare for court appearance